lily of the valley is: (from her blog homepage)
i’m Karin, I’m 23 and live in Goeteborg in Sweden. (grew up in Joenkoeping.) I run an online vintage shop called Lily of the Valley
1. What is your favorite fashion accessory?
huh. i am not sure. a great coat? which is mostly irrelevant in texas. pink hair and cool glasses *sniff*
2. Who is your favorite fashion role model?
i don’t think there is one. vivienne westward. elle macpherson. siouxsie sioux. donna reed.
3. What do you always carry with you?
everything. ask my classmates and my best friend
4. How would you describe your style?
oh, this is easy…the gothic donna reed!
5. What is your favorite? Jeans, sunglasses, or heels?
6. What inspired you to blog about fashion?
well, heathershair.com started because my friends in the US wanted to see what colour my hair was when i moved to europe. i added the clothing, because, well, i had so much fun finding it and putting together the outfits i wanted to share. i dress in themes. i like to see how the themes work. i also believe we can ALL be incredibly beautiful and sexy all the time. i figure, by sharing my tricks, my friends and anyone that stumbles upon the site might catch the bug too!
7. What is your favorite fabric in clothing?
a good heavy cotton in a dress from the 50s is great. always hangs beautifully. i have some wonderful raw silks too. i like fur, though realize it is evil. patrick taught me to insist on natural fibers. he was right about that for sure. polyester and nylon make my skin crawl.
8. Who or what inspires your style
i think a little bit of everyone inspires my style. i like 50s in black, but i love vivienne westward necklines. and 16th century ball gowns. i prefer symmetrical lines, but unique looking pieces. i can’t say there is one thing. if i see it and like it, i integrate it. i hate sportswear.
9. Would you choose to buy something high quality or make it yourself if you could?
deity! i wish i could sew. or craft. but i can’t sew or glue a straight line. so, if i have the money, i’ll buy it.
andreas and i went to the ren faire this weekend. it was nice in that we just hung out. oh, i did get my hair braided, which i love. friday night was animalesque. it went MUCH more smoothly this year. i’d love to do that every year. i wore my cougar outfit and it was well received. thursday was “bedpost confessions”. that was really fun. the speakers covered:
1. how to give a good blow job/cunnilingus (which, the reader pointed out, doesn’t have anything but the dumb latin name)
2. 3 stories…a sexy letter to a french gentleman, a threesome between dr phil, oprah and martha stewart, and a sexy reworking of hamlet’s soliloquy.
3. sexy beat poetry
4. sexy hip hop
5. an awesome story of taking one for Smith (college)
6. a story of punishment after making a snarky comment to the mistress who knits
the dumb bondage clowns amused us in-between. it was a great event and i shall be reading my anatomically incorrect porn that i wrote when i was 14 at next month’s event! *mom, you should really fly in for this. it is hysterical. i talk about how the family use to watch porn together **don’t worry, i explain there was nothing funny going on**